Citizen Science Pelagic & Reef Diversity Expedition with Dr. Carlos Sanchez
February 21 - March 2, 2019
Dr. Carlos Sanchez
Pelagic & Reef Diversity
$3300 per person, quad occupancy
Below is the general itinerary of our Citizen Science Pelagic & Reef Diversity Expedition. Conditions may require changes to the itinerary. This is over and above our regular Socorro itinerary. Divers can participate as much or as little as they like.
PELAGIC & REEF DIVERSITY OF THE ARCHIPIELAGO DE REVILLAGIGEDO
Join the amazing crew of the Quino El Guardian and Dr. Carlos Sanchez-Ortiz (UABCS) on one of the most inspiring dive adventures of your lifetime!
Dr. Sanchez has extensive knowledge in most all animal species found in the Sea of Cortez and specializes in invertebrates, sea fans, gorgonians, and corals. One-third of the biodiversity of the Sea of Cortez is in corals. It is amazing how little is known about these animals. We need to learn more so that we can care for and conserve them.
Enjoy daily research projects and presentations to help answer these questions and more:
- How many fish species are in Revillagigedo Archipelago?
- Where do the species come from?
- How do species become unique at Revillagigedo Archipelago?
- How healthy are the reefs of the Relivillagidedo Archipelago?
- How does climate change or human impacts affecting the biodiversity of the reef?
- Fishes & zooplankton identification workshop
Additional and supporting information can be found here:
http://datamares.ucsd.edu/eng/ - excellent source of scientific information presented in layman terms
Facebook: PFA UABCS